Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day Ramble

Let's all welcome Gregory!!! YAY GREG!!! As he is actually employed as a writer his writing will continually put mine to shame, so I should be worried about him making a fool of me. Now I just need to convince him to sign up for Twitter.

We had another week of the sky is falling news. You know we're in big trouble when Drudge seems excited to post that Ford doesn't need a Federal bailout. Call me crazy, but I feel like that should be the norm.

But, let's ignore that for the time being and since everyone else who cares has already made a list, let me put together my top albums of 2008. I kind of slacked this year and didn't listen to as much new music. I finally started listening to classical and that took up much of music listening this year. This year did have many great albums, but lacked a dominant trend leaving me with a very scattershot list, but here we go.

5.Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago - Best "guy and his acoustic guitar" album since Pink Moon
4.TV on the Radio - Dear Science - Peter Gabriel is proud
3.Shearwater - Rook - Best Talk Talk album since Laughing Stock
2.Fleet Foxes - S/T and Sun Giant EP - CSN(Y) for the non-hippie generation
1.No Age - Nouns - The most noise I've ever heard just two people make.

The numbers are arbitrary so pay little attention, but everyone should go buy those right now.

1 comment:

tom w said...

I demand attribution for that Fleet Foxes comparison!